We talk a lot about Mom.
We sometimes sound… well… kinda like Mom, huh?
- 36.3% of moms (the highest percentage) tweet 10-20 times per day
- The hours of 12pm-3pm were when most moms prefer to send and read tweets
- 43.2% tweet to share information about products for kids and other moms (the #1 reason overall)
- 63% read tweets to learn about products for their kids and themselves
- 95.7% follow companies to learn about new products and discounts
And – in our opinion – the single most important finding from the survey?
73.1% say that they ACTUALLY PURCHASED A PRODUCT based on the Twitter recommendation of another mom!
And since we already sound like a broken record (heh… or your Mom), let us remind you of a few more facts about moms.
They’re the fastest growing smartphone demographic. Women (a group that surely encompasses moms) are most active on social media. AND, they’re often the primary decision makers for household purchases.
The conclusion: Today’s moms look to Twitter for information in a major way, and smart companies will use the space to reach this important demographic effectively.
Not only do we agree, but we could say “We told you so!”… except Mom raised us better than that.
So we’ll settle for doing the happy dance.
Because we were right. Again.
Take it away, Snoop.