Fall is one of the best seasons to start new marketing campaigns and advertising initiatives. Why? Perhaps we never grew out of the “start of school” attitude. We are primed to be engaged with new ideas and challenges after the close of summer. Now is an ideal time to start a new advertising effort.
With vacations ended and children back at school, everyone is more motivated to focus on business efforts. Audiences are more apt to get involved with marketing campaigns as well with fewer distractions.
Savvy marketing companies have been preparing for the Fall Marketing Campaign all summer long. But if you didn’t plan anything yet, it’s not too late to get started on seasonal advertising.
What are some ideas for Fall Advertising Efforts?
Regroup Among Your Organization
It’s not just about refocusing your efforts for your customers, it’s also a great time to check in within your organization to regroup. Employees are far more focused, and now is a great time to make sure nothing fell through the cracks with everyone’s summer vacation. Here are some management ideas for Fall:
- Schedule some smaller meetings among departments to review goals as well as a meeting among department heads.
- If you don’t already have a seasonal marketing calendar, start one now.
- Rethink what social media outlets you are using now that many algorithms have changed.
- Recheck your data from over the summer; what devices and platforms are your customers engaging on?
- Go over all the industry news and trends from the summer. Did Instagram implement something new?
We all know Fall is packed with holidays and planning for winter holidays. Is it appropriate for your organization to leverage Halloween, Black Friday, Thanksgiving, Chanukah, Christmas, or New Year’s to engage with your audience? Now’s the time to start planning. How?
- Consider hiring an artist to make seasonal designs for your organization if you don’t already have one employed.
- Look for seasonal decorations for your location.
- Engage with your audience through seasonal storytelling. For example, does one of your customers have a particularly engaging story about how you helped them through a tough time over Thanksgiving?
Start Shopping Advertising and Platform Development
With Black Friday and Christmas Shopping around the corner, now’s the time to start developing your online shopping advertising. Where to start?
- Build a Facebook Shop to start selling with one-click on Facebook.
- Start selling your products via Instagram and Pinterest.
- Invest in Google Shopping Ads
- Start Facebook and Instagram ads to your customers.
Check in on Your Facebook Pixel
Do you have your Facebook Pixel installed? Now’s a good time to start using its data to target new customers. How can you find new customers via your pixel?
- Create lookalike audience to your existing Facebook fan base to target in your advertising efforts.
- Show your ads to people who are browsing your website.
- Remarket to people who abandoned your website on previous visits.
Create Savings Opportunities
Everyone is saving for holiday shopping, events, and time off. Show them you respect their budgets by offering genuine savings during this time.
- Send email marketing coupons and discount codes.
- Offer a loyalty incentive to your customers citing the holidays.
- Start planning for a New Years loyalty program and make your customers aware that new bonuses are coming up in January.
Sponsor Holiday Fundraisers
Organizations are running fundraisers for food banks, holiday clothing, and gift drives. Not only is it a great way to build morale within your organization, but fundraisers can often boost advertising efforts. What are some fundraisers?
- Donate to a local Thanksgiving food bank.
- Recruit your office team to raise money for a Holiday Gift Drive.
- Sponsor organizations running holiday charity fundraisers.
Contact Cote Media
Need help with your online marketing and seasonal advertising? Contact Cote Media today!